I'm not sure how to word the invites. We want to limit the guest list so that we can avoid a caterer. It shouldn't be a problem, since our families are mostly sooo far away. Maine. Tennessee. Ohio. Florida. Texas. Colorado. Can we just do close friends and family? Should we send announcements, or invites with caveats? "We'd love to have you, but don't expect cake!"?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Stalled
I'm not sure how to word the invites. We want to limit the guest list so that we can avoid a caterer. It shouldn't be a problem, since our families are mostly sooo far away. Maine. Tennessee. Ohio. Florida. Texas. Colorado. Can we just do close friends and family? Should we send announcements, or invites with caveats? "We'd love to have you, but don't expect cake!"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmmm...
I think you should send invitations to people but neglect to include a date or location. Better yet, send invitations with dates and locations with places like Saturday Sept 16th, Bowlmor Lanes. I think every city in America has a Bowlmor nearby.
Just kidding.
I would lean towards sending announcements. Perhaps include an notation or insert explaining that there will be an small wedding in Oregon for immediate family. There will be a local reception at (the home of KC's parents / the home of Nate's Parents / the Local Pub).
I don't know if you are planning to have a local reception(s) or not, but it might be an idea. You can keep it low-key / pot-luck and just use it as an excuse to get together.
If you are worried about offending family by not inviting them, then I would try to relax. I think people will understand. I suppose you could indicate that if they wanted to come to the wedding to give you a call and make a reservation. I guess that is a little weird though. I don't think you will find that protocol in Lady Vanderbilt's Book of Etiquette.
Sorry, I am not very good at this... I don't mind offending people too much.
Post a Comment