I know people like to buy fancy china, but I'm really not that into the idea. How about this alternative. Canoe is a local store specializing in functional art (my favorite kind of art!). They have a collection of Heath Ceramics, including serving ware, dishes, and beautiful bud vases. Any items from this collection would be so exciting. You can order them (or gift certificates) at www.canoeonline.net. The owner is so nice - feel free to call him with questions.
I've said before that I love antiques. To be more specific, I made a list of the stuff I loved at a local antique store: Farmhouse Antiques on 8028 SE 13th St. in Sellwood. I'm sure you could find it elsewhere, too, if you like browsing the shops. I found:
- Silverplate flatware - I think it would be cool to have a mixed set. I picked up a handfull of forks the other day, but I still need salad forks and serving ware.
- Pyrex bowls, refrigerator set, etc. I love how these are glazed on the outside and not inside. The refrigerator set was too cute!
- Bauer pottery
- Silverplate flatware - I think it would be cool to have a mixed set. I picked up a handfull of forks the other day, but I still need salad forks and serving ware.
- Pyrex bowls, refrigerator set, etc. I love how these are glazed on the outside and not inside. The refrigerator set was too cute!
- Bauer pottery
1 comment:
Yay! I got a gift certificate to Canoe from Brooke! Now I have an excuse to go there...
Post a Comment